Because of the 2020 lockdown and quarantine time, people had an extended vacation period and a chance to turn to reading books. This is true. According to American national surveys, regular readers have doubled the amount of time they typically devote to reading.
If you are curious about which books were popular last year, find a list of the best books of 2020 so far. The selection includes must-read bestsellers that span various genres and will be interesting for men, women, teenagers, and young readers.
List of Top Books to Read in 2020
Behind each great book, there is some inspirational story or a biography fact. Discover some interesting facts, which motivated the authors to put the above-mentioned stories to words.
- Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American by Robert Kolker is a true story about the Galvin family from Colorado. That mid-century American family with 12 kids became the subject of multiple medical researchers. Six children from the family were diagnosed with schizophrenia. The author interviewed some of the family members to understand the genetic origin of the disorder.
- The Think Like a Monk book is based on Jay Shetty’s own experience of living as a Vedic monk in India for 3 years and training with the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.
- Jocko Willink, the author of Leadership Strategy and Tactics, has 20 years of service in the Navy SEALs. He achieved the rank of lieutenant commander and was honored for combat actions in the Iraq War. Now, he works as a jiu-jitsu instructor and is a co-founder of a management consulting firm. Impressive post-Navy career, isn’t it? In addition, this strong man is an author of some children’s books!
- The Ickabog by J. K. Rowling is her first children’s book since the last Harry Potter book was published. The plot is not set in the Harry Potter universe. It was written as a gift for her children and underwent minor changes after feedback from her kids. During the 2020 lockdown, the author released the book online for free. The version had over 5 million views! Rowling donated her royalties from the book to charity.
- Dav Pilkey, the author and illustrator of Dog Man: Grime and Punishment, was diagnosed with dyslexia and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a kid. As he was disruptive in class, his teachers made him sit at the desk in the hallway. At that desk, he created and drew characters for his future books. So, his stories are semi-autobiographical.
- The One and Only Bob (another name The One and Only Ivan) written by Katherine Applegate was inspired by a true story of a gorilla (1962-2012) who was captured from the wild as a baby, lived in captivity, and was displayed to the public at the shopping center for 27 years. Thanks to local animal welfare organizations, he was released and adopted by Zoo Atlanta. The book was adapted into a 2020 film.
These new 2020 books have got multiple positive reviews from literary critics and Amazon readers. The recommended picks will capture your attention and leave no one indifferent. The choice is overwhelming – from marketing and leadership to true crime and race. Hurry up to swallow and digest masterpieces from this top collection before a new 2021 list is coming out. With BooKKooks, you’ll always find a good and heart-touching book to read.
- What Books Are on Your “to Read” List for 2020? – https://www.quora.com/
- Hidden Valley Road – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- Jay Shetty – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- Jocko Willink – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- The Ickabog – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- Dav Pilkey – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- The One and Only Ivan – https://en.wikipedia.org/