Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My post may contain affiliate links. When you order some products via these affiliate links, I get a commission just from Amazon Company. Thanks for interest to my site!
Pregnancy is such a wonderful period in life, so women usually try their best to enjoy it as much as possible. However, maternity requires prior theoretical preparation and practical activities. Thus, there appeared a necessity to share such knowledge, and one of the traditional ways to do that is spreading through the books. That is why this article is fully dedicated to the best pregnancy books and everything related to healthy childbirth. Keep an eye out!
Top 10 Pregnancy Books in 2021: Rated List and Reviews
What to Expect When You’re Expecting: Top Pregnancy Book Ever
The trusted source of information unexpectedly may change greatly while your body is totally under the control of hormones. And instead of top influential websites, you may want to see the other point of view as it is in books.
Thus, What to Expect When You’re Expecting has remained a bible for thousands of mothers who gave birth to their beloved children for almost 40 years. There are answers to the questions that are not usually even touched. Thus, not without a reason, this book is read almost by 93% moms-to-be.
- It touches numerous spheres of life and answers even weird questions
- It suits all family members including fathers and children
- There may come the wrong edition that is designed for the UK
We’re Pregnant: Great for Expectant Fathers
Expecting a baby is considered to be a natural thing, but becoming parents for the first time is a challenging period of life not only for the moms, but for dads as well, right up to the time when a child grows up. In some cases, men may require additional help or even a written guide that would instruct them what to do with a newborn baby, a capricious wife, and even with the whole household when the woman is able to do nothing with it.
Luckily, all the necessary knowledge is collected in We’re Pregnant! And women shouldn’t even worry about their soul mates since there are additional written extensions that will help fathers correct steps in preparing for birth.
- The used language is tolerant and positive
- It’s comprehensive and easy to read
- The idea of this book is rather encouraging dads-to-be, but there is a lack of basic information
Expecting Better: Must Read Book When Pregnant
For sure, once young ladies find out they are pregnant, they hear from their parents, friends, and doctors that they are totally forbidden to live their usual life. As a result, they must avoid drinking alcohol, eat sushi, and be stressed at all. However, moms-to-be hardly ever receive an argumentative and comprehensive explanation why it’s so.
There appeared a wonderful printing that gathered information about each prohibition. And, it’s made by an economist, who is also a great mom, – Emily Oster. This copy is highly recommended for reading. Moreover, readers will definitely find all the necessary information, so the maternity period and labor will be much easier from the physical and mental points of view.
- The book doesn’t say what to do but gives you a hint of the reason so the reader could make their own decision
- The labor and delivery section is one of the most realistic sections among other author’s descriptions
- There are lots of contradictions in the author’s statements throughout the book
The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth
While the majority of couples that consist of a man and a woman do not consider an artificial conception, lesbian couples have to thoroughly investigate how to prepare for the particular medical procedures.
The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception is the perfect and probably the only book that describes all the required steps of planning kids. Moreover, it also touches on the sexual activities recommended for the couple so the child in the womb can be totally safe. The book was created by a person who tightly works with lesbian couples and knows their “pains” firsthand.
- It is applicable for gay, blended and regular couples
- There is lots of information that is hardly ever published
- The author’s style may seem slightly pushy and intimidating
Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: Good for First-Time Parents
Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy is an introduction to the vital steps of adult life – pregnancy and maternity. The style of this book is based on the medical point of view. Thus, readers will get acquainted not only with body and life transformations but also with new technologies and practices that promote a healthy and easy labor process.
In addition, readers will also get interactive pads, so moms-to-be can track their progress and wellness during the whole period of expecting a baby.
- The book prepares first-time parents for pregnancy and tells what they should expect from this
- There is no information about failures in conceiving and miscarriage
Taking Charge of Your Fertility: Ideal Natural Pregnancy Book
While the majority of pregnancy books are designed for encouraging, informing, and preparing an expectant, Taking Charge of Your Fertility is rather a collection of best practices of getting pregnant. In fact, the base of this copy is medical researches on fertility promotion. Readers will get acquainted with some exercises that will keep their gynecological health just repeating them for a few minutes a day.
- It helps women understand their bodies
- It allows the body to run like clockwork
- The style of writing is encouraging and delicate
- The quality of the printing is not good
The Expectant Father: The Ultimate Guide for Dads-to-Be
When men hear from their women about pregnancy, they are happy but might be not quite conscious of prospective changes in their couple’s life. The Expectant Father was created by a man who is a father of three, a successful and best-selling author. Having three children, he knows what it is like to be a dad, and he shares his stories and experience that might be quite comprehensive for dads.
The book is dedicated to preparing a dad-to-be for those inevitable changes and how to help a valuable partner throughout this interesting stage of life. Besides, the way of writing is relaxing and humorous that is supported by cartoons that resemble the New York Times’ ones.
- It gradually and calmly prepares men for emotional changes and tells how to overlive them
- It includes a cookbook
- Some may notice the patriarchal tone of writing
Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth: Top Spiritual Pregnancy Book
Nowadays, due to technological progress, more women neglect the natural birth and prefer medical procedures that make the long-awaited process less painful. However, it doesn’t mean that it’s good for you. That’s why Ina May, a leading midwife of the nation, shares her several years standing experience and tries to prove that women can naturally control labor and turn pain into pleasure despite the preconception. All the comprehensive methods are collected and described in Guide to Childbirth.
- There are really efficient recommendations on how to give birth naturally without pain and potential damage to the fetus
- The plot is mostly based on true stories
- The stories that described in the book are from labors that were in a hippie commune only
Real Food for Pregnancy: Perfect Book About Pregnancy Nutrition
Everyone wants to have a healthy child. But what do parents-to-be have to do in order to supply their child with necessary elements for his or her health? For sure, the majority of couples attend prenatal courses, do fitness and other things before labor. But the main element that forms the base of the baby’s wellness is a holistic approach to the mother’s nutrition.
Thus, there is a highly recommended best seller Real Food for Pregnancy with not only recipes but the comprehension of why these products should be in dietary intake.
- There is a scientific approach to describing why this food is important for your condition
- It’s full of recipes, advice, recommendations on supplements, etc.
- There is a lack of excerpts of scientific evidence
- This book may not be suitable for vegans and vegetarians
The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People: Best Funny Read for the Pregnant
When you are at the birthing center waiting for labor, or you can’t move because of the danger of miscarriage, there is a wonderful way how to brighten up the boredom, especially when you completely get tired of the cellphone.
There is The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People that comprises numerous mazes, quizzes, and funny musings on flip pages that will make you laugh. As a result, you won’t remember the boring conditions around you soon.
- The content is really positive
- There are plenty of activities
- The book may come in not good condition
Other Books About Pregnancy That Worth Your Attention
If you still don’t know which book from the listed above suit you the most, then probably some interesting facts will entertain you for a while. After a pause, you can make your decision. Thus, you are highly recommended checking all of them first.
- The first edition of What to Expect When You’re Expecting was released in 1984. It brought stunning success, so the publisher extended one edition to a series of books.
- Since What to Expect When You’re Expecting has become a bedside read for the majority of women, producers decided to create a comedy that was released in 2012.
- Oh, the Places You’ll go! is a part of salutation used in a college where the author Dr. Seuss studied.
- You may think that pregnancy has nothing in common with economics. However, Emily Oster joined these unjoinable things together. In fact, her book Expecting Better is based on the research that was created with the help of economics tools.
- Although Jenny McCarthy wrote her book Belly Laughs in a humorous and positive manner, she was inspired to create it after being pregnant. It so happened that she gave birth to a boy who suffers from autism. Some time later, she started to promote the researching of treatments for autism.
Hopefully, some of these facts inspired you, and now you are ready to choose one copy among this huge list.
It doesn’t matter how many interwebs you have already checked and will, how much information you have already got from your parents and grandparents – you will always think it’s not enough, and you’ve missed something important. However, it just seems like that. Actually, in this case, it’s highly likely you are looking for a piece of encouragement. Thus, there is a review of several books from the authors that felt what you experience and share the most ridiculous information with you. The only thing you need to do is to choose one of the highly rated books or read all of them if you want.