Are you searching for a new book to add to your reading list? Leave the sorting of what is bad and what is good to BooKKooks. Any masterpiece from this collection of the best books 2019 deserves a spot on your bedside or coffee table. The books that came out last year will transport you to new worlds, send shivers down your spine, tug at your heartstrings, and make you laugh out loudly. You will find your favorite authors, who present new stories, and several newcomers with debut novels and international recognition from Amazon readers.
No matter which your favorite genre is, you will definitely find something to love from this list.
Rated List of Best Books in 2019
|The Starless Sea|
|Erin Morgenstern||Romantic fantasy||USA|
|Gideon the Ninth|
|Tamsyn Muir||Sci-fi/fantasy/horror||New Zealand|
|A Memory Called Empire|
|Arkady Martine||Science fiction/fantasy||USA|
|The Winter of the Witch|
|Katherine Arden||Fantasy/historical fiction/folk tale||USA|
|This Is How You Lose the Time War|
|Amal El-Mohtar, Max Gladstone||Romantic science fiction/fantasy||Canada/USA|
|Margaret Atwood||Speculative fiction/dystopian fiction||Canada|
|The Dutch House|
|Ann Patchett||Historical novel||USA|
|City of Girls|
|Elizabeth Gilbert||Historical novel/romance||USA|
|Catch and Kill|
|How to Be an Antiracist|
|Ibram X. Kendi||Non-fiction/memoir||USA|
|Maybe You Should Talk to Someone|
|A Woman of No Importance|
|Sonia Purnell||Historical non-fiction/biography||Great Britain|
|They Called Us Enemy|
|George Takei, Steven Scott, Justin Eisinger||Graphic novel/memoir||USA|
|Girl, Stop Apologizing|
|Rachel Hollis||Non-fiction/self-help and self-improvement book||USA|
|The Ride of a Lifetime|
|Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World|
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball|
|Jeff Kinney||Realistic fiction/comedy, satire/child||USA|
|The Good Egg|
|Jory John||Humorous fiction/child||USA|
|The Pioneers: The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West|
|Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead|
|Jim Mattis, Bing West||Memoir||USA|
|The Silent Patient|
|Alex Michaelides||Psychological thriller/ detective/mystery||Cyprus|
|John Grisham||Legal thriller/suspense||USA|
|Stephen King||Horror thriller/science fiction||USA|
|Red, White & Royal Blue|
|Christina Lauren||Contemporary romance/humor||USA|
|Midnight in Chernobyl|
|Adam Higginbotham||Non-fiction thriller/history||Great Britain|
|The Body: A Guide for Occupants|
|Bill Bryson||Popular science/humor||USA|
|How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems|
|Half Baked Harvest Super Simple|
|Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over|
|Indian-ish: Recipes and Antics from a Modern American Family|
Before you pick up a book from the list, here are unknown facts about some of these masterpieces that may stir up your interest and determine the book choice.
- George Hosato Takei, the author of They Called Us Enemy, is a famous American actor known for his role as a helmsman in Star Trek. He is very active in local and state politics as a proponent of LGBT rights with more than 10 million followers on Facebook.
- The author of The Unhoneymooners, Christina Lauren, is the penname of 2 people – Lauren Billings and Christina Hobbs. They became co-authors in 2010. Now, most of their novels have earned a number of awards and have been translated into 30 languages.
- Call Sign Chaos is written by a former U.S. Secretary of Defense and a former assistant secretary of defense and combat Marine. The memoir of such prominent authors is really worth reading.
- The Silent Patient written by Alex Michaelides is a debut novel of the author. The readers hardly know that he co-wrote films such as The Con Is On, which starred Tim Roth and Uma Thurman, and The Devil You Know, which starred Jennifer Lawrence and Lena Olin.
- Some readers claim that a new bestseller from Stephen King, The Institute, is similar to his Firestarter. This dramatic story describes kids who also have extranormal gifts like telekinesis and telepathy.
All the books released in 2019 include a zest that has made them remarkable so that they can appear in this top list to read.
When it comes to finding an interesting read, there is no need to ask your friends and co-workers since BooKKooks is a great resource for finding book recommendations. The bestselling picks described above are far from exhaustive, and they will grab your attention with their vibrant ingenuity. These books as well as life in 2019 are diverse and span multiple forms and genres that will be heart-touching for men and for women.
- Publishers Weekly – https://www.publishersweekly.com/
- Culture – Vox – https://www.vox.com/
- George Takei – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- Christina Lauren – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jim Mattis from His New Memoir ‘Call Sign Chaos’ – https://www.military.com/
- Alex Michaelides – https://en.wikipedia.org/