Eyes are one of the most fragile and sensitive human body organs. When you search for a pair of right reading glasses, you should avoid making the wrong choice.
This is very convenient to have reading glasses and safety glasses built into the same pair. The bifocals do an excellent job of combining a magnification area, so you don’t need to swap between different eyewear types.
This article features the best bifocal reading glasses from trusted brands. More than 2 days were spent to explore and introduce the top hottest models for you to enjoy in-focus clear vision and fortified protection.
Best Bifocal Glasses for Easy Reading
Eyekepper Rubber Painted Temple Pilot Rimless Glasses
This is a 2019 model for women designed by Eyekepper in an aviator style. The sleek construction is solid and made to last. The glasses feature a metal frame and polycarbonate lenses, which are 40 mm/1.57’’ high and 54 mm/2.16’’ wide. The lenses come with a grey tint, which is hardly noticeable and not an obstacle during reading. Thanks to the spring-loaded hinges, the bifocals fit the face well.
The item is available in various strengths from +1.00 to +3.50. The lower part of the lenses helps users read, and the upper part allows them to see in the distance. The line between the distances is clearly visible, and some users don’t like it.
The glasses come in a bundle with a hard zipper case and a cleaning microfiber cloth, which is a nice touch.
- Lightweight (0.01 kg/0.35 oz.)
- Can be used as sunglasses (UV400 protection)
- A reasonable price
- Ships with extra accessories
- A sleek and classic design
- The magnification area is small
- The plastic lenses scratch easily
- The stick-on magnifiers outside of the lenses attract dust and require frequent cleaning
Fiore Cateye Bifocal Reading Sunglasses for Women
These women’s glasses with a designer style inspired by Fiore are suitable for both distance viewing and outdoor reading. The model has a “cat eye” shape with metal side accents, which is a timeless classic.
The bifocal lenses are divided by a visible line into 2 sections: a smaller viewing area for reading and a larger part for distance. The grey lenses come with a protective coating and block harmful ultraviolet rays. They diminish painful light glare and help reduce eye fatigue.
Though made from plastic, the frame is top quality and rather durable. The lens dimensions are 50 mm/1.97’’ (width) and 43 mm/1.71’’ (height).
- Available in 6 frame color varieties
- Eliminate stray, dazzling, and reflected light
- UV400 protection
- For fashionable and casual wear
- The magnifiers are not discreet because they are placed outside of the lenses
Fiore Sports 3 Pack Reading Sunglasses for Men and Women
This is another item from the family-owned brand Fiore. The set includes a pack of 3 sunglasses suitable for both male and female wear. The package of 3 is excellent because you can leave 1 pair in a house, in a car, etc. The bifocals come in various colors, so you can choose between black, clear, and tortoise.
Both the frame and the lenses are made from plastic and feature a modern rimless design, which offers a clear vision without distortions. The plastic is stable and resistant to cracking. The width of the lens is 69 mm/2.73’’, and the lens height is 40 mm/1.59’’.
The rubberized nose pads are added as non-slip protection. The glasses arrive in a microfiber sleeve, which can also be used for cleaning lenses.
- Protection from sunlight (400 UV)
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- A sleek sports style
- There is a design flaw in the nose pads as the lenses extend beyond the pads and dig into the wearer’s nose causing pain
- The lenses are too dark for reading
SA106 Cateye Magnetic Clip On Polarized Sunglasses
This women’s eyewear is unique because it comes with a double pair of lenses. Performed in a “cat eye” shape, they feature magnets at the “cat eye” corners. There is a polarized sunglass clip-on that fits with magnets. It is used with the same frame as the glasses for reading.
They are available in 4 various frame colors. This pair is a brown tortoise and looks like the Audrey Hepburn style.
The piece comes with a microfiber pouch that has two compartments. It is a real space saver.
- The sunglass clip-on is anti-glare and comes with UV400 protection
- The lenses are a perfect size (52 mm/2.04’’ wide) and don’t look “too catty”
- A practical and convenient combo
- A sleek retro design
- The reader part of the lenses comes up too high
- Don’t have spring hinges
- The magnets are not strong
Gamma Ray Bifocal Sunglasses for Men and Women
This set of sunglasses from Gamma Ray Optics includes 3 pairs that differ in frame and earpiece colors. Customers order them as emergency backups to have spares in their vehicle, purse, etc.
Like regular bifocals, these glasses include 2 segments with different refractive powers with the magnification section on the lower part of the lenses. The lenses are not too dark, and all colors appear realistic. The glass shading is slightly reduced on the bottom and allows readers to see the page better.
The glasses arrive with a carrying pouch that can also be used as a cleaning cloth.
- A bargain price for the three
- Outdoor glare UV400 tinted protection
- A handy wipe cloth
- The frame is fragile
- Not suitable for small faces (the length width is 51 mm/2.0’’)
EYEGUARD Unisex Bifocal Sunglasses Readers with Lens UV400
This pair of aviators from EYEGUARD is designed for both men and women. This style looks fresh and casual. The bifocals are great for driving and reading GPS at the same time.
The sunglasses feature a gold-tone metal frame and are very sturdy. The temples are performed in a wine color. The width of the length is 58 mm/2.28’’. Thanks to spring hinges, they fit perfectly. The bifocal line is outside of the lenses and slightly noticeable.
- The sun-readers eliminate the need for buying two pairs of glasses
- UV400 protection
- Arrive with a cleaning cloth and a carrying pouch
- An excellent buy for the money
- Very stylish
- Not polarized
- Not suitable for small faces
- The frames may bend
Fiore Elegant Bifocal Reading Glasses with Spring Hinges
Here is another remarkable model of bifocals from Fiore, which is suitable for distance and reading (or other close-up work). The glasses are stylish and fit well thanks to spring-loaded arms. Crafted with lightweight materials, they are comfortable to wear. They are available in 12 frame colors, including clear.
The lenses dimensions are 33 mm/1.29’’ (height) and 48.5 mm/1.91’’ (width). The pair comes with a soft cloth case to prevent lens scratches.
- Lightweight and reduce pressure on the nose
- A unisex design
- Made of hard plastic, they are very sturdy
- An affordable price
- Some users complain that the magnification area is not located evenly
- The transition between the bifocal part and the rest of the lenses is not smooth
De Ding Metal No Line Bifocal Reading Glasses
This pair is a better alternative than wearing glasses on a granny cord around your neck. The bifocals are clear on top and feature a magnifier on the lower part.
They have a metal frame and are very durable. The glasses have lenses that are 52 mm/2.04’’ wide and 34 mm/1.33’’ high. There is no metal frame on the bottom of the lenses. They have spring-loaded hinges and are comfortable to wear.
The model arrives with a nice zippered case for storage.
- Provide undistorted view
- The lenses are high quality and optically crystal clear
- An excellent price
- The lenses are large, so the reading section is increased
- Some users find that the glasses are heavyweight
- The metal in the frames bends easily
- Since the readers are half-rimmed, this may result in cracks
Fuisetaea Photochromism Gray Bifocal Reading Transition Glasses
With this pair, you can forget about a hassle with switching from sunglasses to readers because these glasses feature both functions. Firstly, they are bifocals that are great for users who need a pair with a partial magnification area. Secondly, they have photochromic lenses. This means they turn into sunglasses when you are outside in the sunlight, and they restore their lens color when you are inside.
This a unisex model with the lens dimensions 51 mm x 43 mm (2.0’’ x 1.7’’).
- A modern design
- Also sold with a blue frame color
- Radiation and UV400 protection
- They don’t get very dark
Readers the Drama Sunglasses Round Style for Men and Women
These round style glasses from Readers come in a retro design with small metal accents. This unisex model will be the right choice as a male and female eyewear. These bifocals have tinted lenses and can be used for both working at the computer and walking outdoors.
The glass’s construction is plastic, and the atmospheric lenses are acrylic with the frame height of 1.77’’ (45 mm).
- There are four varieties of the frame and lens colors
- The reader area is placed in the right place
- Have a narrow fit and are not suitable for users with a large head
What are bifocal glasses? Where can I buy them? Read the FAQ section below if you are interested in these and similar questions.
What Are Bifocal Reading Glasses ??
The lenses in bifocal reading glasses are made of 2 segments. The lower part features a magnification section helpful for people with farsightedness (presbyopia) for close work like sewing or reading. The upper section is not magnified and suitable for regular viewing. The magnification part is available at a variable diopter rate.
Progressive lenses are characterized by a gradient of the increasing lens power, which starts at the top of the lenses and reaches the maximum additional strength at the bottom of the lenses. They have no line for the transition.
As you see, one pair of glasses combines 2 functions with no need to switch between different types.
How Do I Know If I Need Bifocal Reading Glasses?
Any person with a vision problem can wear bifocal glasses. If you are not sure that you need them, read this list of signs. They indicate some points that you should consider buying a pair of bifocals:
- Your vision is clear when you look into the distance, but it is blurred when you look at close-up objects.
- You experience eye strain or headaches when you perform up-close tasks.
- You hold newspapers and other items close to your eyes ? to see the print/image/details.
- Your vision and focus may change throughout the day.
Talk to your optometrist and discuss bifocal needs for you. This is a convenient option to correct your eyesight for the on-the-go lifestyle.
Where to Buy ? Bifocal Glasses for Reading?
The modern market offers a variety of shopping options if you need a pair of glasses. Most brands have official websites that allow you to buy any product online and deliver it to you.
If you are not sure about the brand, go for such trusted online marketplaces, like eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. They offer a wide choice of non-prescription men’s and women’s eyewear with various price tags. These vendors provide numerous pictures and provide you with the necessary dimensions and specifications. So, buying bifocals online is a hassle-free experience.
With this informative post, you will find the best bifocal glasses and enjoy both the safety and protection provided by each pair described. Reliable sellers offer them, so your investment won’t be put to waste. Just pick the right magnification option and take pleasure in using one pair of glasses instead of two.
- Bifocals – https://en.wikipedia.org/
- Which Is Better: Progressive or Bifocal Lenses? – https://www.foreyes.com/
- 3 Signs You Need Bifocal Lenses – https://www.inneseyeclinic.com/
- Bifocals and Trifocals: Solutions for “Short Arms” – https://www.allaboutvision.com/
- How to Adjust to Bifocals and Progressives – https://www.webmd.com/
- Which Brand Should I Use for Bifocal Progressive Eyeglass? – https://www.quora.com/